Enrolment Scheme Description
The guidelines for development and operation of enrolment schemes are issued under Schedule 20 of the Education and Training Act 2020 for the purpose of describing the basis on which the Secretary’s powers in relation to enrolment schemes will be exercised.
All students who live within the home zone described below shall be entitled to enrol at the school.
Unless specified otherwise, addresses on both sides of all roadways named are included in the zone. All addresses contained within the boundaries of the zone described below are in zone.
In a clockwise direction
1. The zone starts at the eastern boundary of 497 Ruahine Street and travels northwest to the intersection of Ruahine Street and Main Street. Only addresses numbered on the eastern side of Ruahine Street are in zone.
2. The zone turns right onto Main Street and travels east from 768 Main Street to the intersection of Main Street and Millar Street. Only addresses numbered on the southern side of Main Street are in zone.
3. The zone continues through the intersection of Main Street and Millar Street onto Napier Road and continues along Napier Road to a point on the south side of the Napier Road opposite the eastern boundary of 273 Napier Road. Only addresses numbered on the southern side of Napier Road are in zone.
4. The zone then travels in a straight line from the eastern boundary of 273 Napier Road to the western boundary of 71 Royal Oak Drive. 273 Napier Road is not in zone.
5. The zone then follows Royal Oak Drive to the intersection of Royal Oak Drive and Roberts Line. All addresses on Rosebank Avenue are also in zone.
6. The zone then turns right and travels south on Roberts Line to the intersection of Roberts Line, Napier Road and Te Matai Road. Only addresses numbered on the western side of Roberts Avenue are in zone.
7. The zone then proceeds through the intersection of Roberts Line and Napier Road onto Te Matai Road and continues to the intersection of Te Matai Road and Riverside Drive. Only addresses numbered on the western side of Te Matai Road are in zone.
8. The zone then follows the western side of Riverside Drive south to the Manawatū River Pathway. Only addresses numbered on the western side of Riverside Drive are in zone.
9. The zone then follows the Manawatū River Pathway to the start point at the eastern boundary of 497 Ruahine Street.
In-Zone EnrolmentsProof of residence within the home zone will be required.
Each year applications for enrolment in the following year from in-zone students will be sought by a date which will be published by notice on the school website, and in a media suitable for the local community. This will enable the school board to assess the number of places which can be made available to students who live outside the home zone.
Out of Zone Enrolments (updated to new Act)Each year the board will determine the number of places, and the number of pre-enrolment periods, which are likely to be available in the following year for the enrolment of students who live outside the home zone. The school board will publish this information by notice on the school website, and in a media suitable for the local community. The notice will indicate how applications are to be made and will specify a date by which all applications must be received.
Applications for enrolment for each zone will be processed in the following order of priority, according to legislation:
First Priority This priority category is not applicable to this school.
Second Priority will be given to applicants who are siblings of current students.
Third Priority will be given to applicants who are siblings of former students.
Fourth Priority will be given to any applicant who is a child of a former student of the school.
Fifth Priority will be given to any applicant who is either a child of an employee of the board of the school or a child of a member of the board of the school.
Sixth Priority will be given to all other applicants.
If there are more applicants in the second, third, fourth, fifth or sixth priority groups than there are places available, selection within the priority group will be by a ballot conducted in accordance with instructions issued by the Secretary under the Education and Training Act 2020. Parents will be informed of the date of any ballot by media suitable to the area served by the school.
Applicants seeking second or third priority status may be required to give proof of a sibling relationship.
8.30am Office opens
8.50am School starts
10.40am – 10.50am Read & feed
10.50 – 11.20am Morning Interval
12.50pm – 1.00pm Lunch in class
1.00 – 1.40pm Lunch Interval
2.55pm School ends
41 Parkland Crescent
Phone: (06)358 1469
Absences: Use the App
Website design by Bridging the Gap